Sand is a light yellow, naturally occurring block commonly found bordering bodies of water on the surface. Although it is easy to obtain from the start, sand is an easily exhausted resource in Dig Deep mode if actively harvested. It cannot be crafted.
In-game description: "Sand is a naturally occurring granular material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles. The most common constituent of sand in inland continental settings and non-tropical coastal settings is silica, usually in the form of quartz."
- It is used in the following recipes at a workbench:
- It is used in the following recipes in a furnace:
Material and Tool Efficiency
- Material: Sand
- Resistance: 1600
- It CAN be broken with your fists.
- Pickaxe Efficiency: 75%
- Shovel Efficiency: 100%
- Hatchet Efficiency: 50%
- Weapon Efficiency: 30%
How To Obtain
- Sand can be found at any coast line.
- Sand can also be found in the second supercavern, just before depth 2000.
- Sand can be bought at a Block Shop ( Natural Tab) for 18 and sold for 15.
- Item ID: Sand
- In actuality, the most common constituent of sand in inland continental settings and non-tropical coastal settings is silica, and is also usually in the form of quartz.
- Unlike in Minecraft, sand in Total Miner is not impacted by gravity. A Teflon with the sand texture can be used to achieve this effect.