In-game description: "Coal is a combustible black or brownish-black sedimentary rock normally occurring in rock strata in layers or veins called coal beds or coal seams. Coal begins as layers of plant matter accumulate at the bottom of a body of water. Coal, a fossil fuel, is the largest source of energy for the generation of electricity worldwide. It is also a good fuel for furnaces."
- A wooden pickaxe or better is required to mine coal.
How to ObtainEdit
- Coal is most abundantly found on the surface and in caves up to around the serpentine layer.
- They are purchasable in the block shop for 60 and you can sell them for 50.
- Required Mining Level: 1
- Required Building Level: 1
- If a world is created using map seed 666, the supposed grass blocks on the surface in a random generated seed are replaced with coal. See also: Map Seed#Map Seeds
- Coal in reality is mined and can be used to provide electricity. Coal is also a natural mineral formed by layers of decomposing organisms after millions of years.