The Block Shop is where you can buy blocks for gold pieces.
Originally, there was a limit (to depth 200) on where you could bring Item Shops or Block Shops, however (as a glitch/game exploit) you could simply ignore the message telling you about the limit and continue moving with the shop blocks still in your inventory.
The Block Shop and the Item Shop have a blueprint collectable in all game modes, but in Normal or Peaceful, you are able to craft it from the start.
- The buy price of a block is the sell price of the block + 20%. For example: Brown sells for 20, 20% of 20 is 4. 20 + 4 = 24, which is the buying price.
You can view the block shop's inventory here.
In-game description: "Best prices in town! Shops can be transported around the surface but cannot be taken deep underground."
- It is used to buy and sell blocks...
Required Tool(s) Edit
- Any tool can mine a block shop.
How to Obtain Edit
- Upon creation of a new world, you will start with one in your inventory.
- The blueprint for a block shop can be found between depth 1758 and 2373.
- You can buy a block shop from a block shop for 12,735 and can be sold for 10,613.
- Block Shops are made with one of each: Iron, Diamond, Flint, Coal, Carbon, Gold, Gold Pieces, Wood Plank, Chest.
Skill Statistics Edit
- Required Mining Level: 1
- Required Building Level: 1
- Required Crafting Level: 58
- Before the 1.8 update, block shops are found that if a block sells for its maximum price, other blocks will sell around it's maximum price too.
- It is possible to obtain the block shop as a drop from the Spider mob.
- When playing on Legendary mode, you do not start with any shops. However, later on, at a random depth, it is possible to find the blueprints for both shops, in order to create them, and retain their use later on in the game.
- Before the 1.8 update, the shops both generated at the spawn point, on top of a 5x3x1 Granite platform.
- See also: Item Shop